In his younger years, Neji was kinder, optimistic, and he appreciated things more and smiled often. He even told his father he thought Hinata was "cute" when the two branches of the Hyūga clan met for her third birthday. He also loved his father very much and would tell him many things. He even promised his father that he would always protect his cousin Hinata and never forget his duties.
Neji was born with an unmarked forehead, but when Hinata turned three years old, he was branded with the Hyūga Main Family's Juinjutsu by his uncle Hiashi. All branch members carry this curse mark, as it is a symbol that one lives only to serve and protect the main branch.
Neji's father, Hizashi was well aware of Neji's natural talent, and he was frustrated that despite Neji's skill, he still carried the fate of a servant. Hizashi openly showed his anger; consequently, he was punished through Hiashi's activation of his curse seal. Around this time, the Konoha and Kumogakure had signed an alliance treaty. However, the treaty only served as a means into Konoha and a way to lower the village's guard so the Head Ninja of Kumogakure could abduct Hinata and steal the secrets of the Byakugan. This attempt failed, however, as Hiashi intervened and killed the man within moments.
When word of the murder reached Kumogakure, they demanded Hiashi's body as compensation (as his body would hold the Byakugan as well). Konoha wasn't prepared to comply to this request until Hizashi stepped in and offered to give himself up instead. Due to him being bound by the Hyūga Main Family's Juinjutsu when he died, the Byakugan would be sealed away, thus protecting it. Hizashi made this sacrifice willingly in order to protect his brother, family, and village. However, Neji came to believe that the main branch had forced him to do so. This misconception became the primary basis of his nine year grudge against the main branch and of his concrete view on one's unalterable fate.
Neji is extremely serious and mature for his age, and has great self-control. Before and during the Chūnin Exams and his fight with Naruto, he was cold and somewhat arrogant.
While under the belief that his father had died because he was a member of the branch house, Neji concluded that fate is something decided at birth and that no matter what one does, people cannot escape their destiny. Neji often applied this to people he viewed as weaker than himself, such as his cousin, Hinata. During his match in the Chūnin Exams, he told Hinata that she was unfit to be a ninja, due to being too kind and not confident enough. When she was eventually able to turn his philosophy against him, telling him that she believed that he was suffering from trying to become worthy of the main house, despite him being born into the branch family, Neji became enraged, and attempted to kill Hinata. He was stopped by multiple jōnin, but Hinata nevertheless was left in critical condition from his earlier attacks.
Neji displayed similar efforts to condescend others during his match with Naruto Uzumaki who, despite being repeatedly struck down, continued to try and fight him. While Neji tried to show Naruto that fate cannot be fought, and that someone who is weak will always remain weak, Naruto was unwilling to accept this mindset, arguing that Neji, for all his belief in fate, had not accepted his own destiny. Naruto went on to defeat Neji, suggesting that, if a "failure" like himself could change his destiny, think of what a "genius" like Neji could, too.
With this example of overcoming "destiny", as well as finding out the truth about his father's death soon afterwards, Neji abandoned the concept of inescapable fate. No longer bound by the idea that he was stuck at his current status, Neji resolved to become strong enough to never again lose in a battle. To do so, he began putting more emphasis on working well with his team, and started to value a mission's successful completion and his team-mates' safety over his own betterment, even encouraging Rock Lee to continue pursuing his own dream. Also, he has shown to have more concern towards his team.
In addition, Neji began trying to remedy the estranged relations between himself and the main house members, most particularly by being kinder to Hinata and his uncle Hiashi. It was also shown that since then he has been training with Hinata, sparring with each other in order to hone their skills. During the Fourth Shinobi World War the two cousins protects each other's back as well as the great concern Neji showed for her safety on the battlefield. He similarly has great confidence in Naruto's capacity to change others, as he stated that the latter could redeem Sasuke and bring him back to Konoha. However, it seems that he gave up hope for Sasuke, and gave up his thoughts that even Naruto could bring him back.
In battle, he is able to stay relatively calm in most situations and carefully look at the situation at hand.
Info From: http://naruto.wikia.com/wiki/
Labels: Team Guy
- Team Kurenai
- Kurenai Yuhi
- 7 bizarre ways Yukio Okumura Cosplay can kill you ...
- Naruto Video
- Latest Naruto 594 Predictions and Spoilers
- Hinata Hyuga
- Shino Aburame
- Naruto 597 Prediction: Its TIME
- Naruto 598 Prediction: Its Time-II
- 6 Shiro Fujimoto Cosplay conspiracy theories that ...
- Naruto Shippuden kyuubi mode
- Kiba Inuzuka
- Naruto 595 Prediction: WHY?
- Naruto 594 Prediction: Rikudo Sennin
- Dragon Can.Do 1/144 Panther Ausf F
- Team Guy
- Spiderman 4 - The Amazing Spiderman 2012
- 5 amazing things you probably didn't know about La...
- Naruto 594 Prediction: WAY TO PEACE
- Naruto 594 Prediction: Unpleasant return
- Naruto 594 Prediction: TRUE POWER
- Naruto 594 Prediction: THE PROMISED TIME!!
- Naruto 594 Prediction 2
- Naruto 594 Prediction: The juubi's revival.
- Naruto 594 spoilers [Predictions & Discussions]
- 8 things Prince of Tennis Cosplay has in common wi...
- Might Guy
- Dashing towards the End of the World
- 10 ways people have gotten rich exploiting RahXeph...
- Naruto Shippuden generation hokage
- 8 things Okabe Rintarou Cosplay has in common with...
- NARUTO 593 PREDICTION - The Conversation
- The 8 most baffling things about Tsuyokiss Cosplay...
- Batik Indonesia
- NARUTO 593 PREDICTION - "Answers"
- Neji Hyuga
- ichigo turned hollow
- NARUTO 593 PREDICTION - The Shinobi World in dange...
- 8 things Mononoke Cosplay has in common with Satan...
- funny wallpaper for intelligence tests
- NARUTO 593 PREDICTION - Fruition
- NARUTO 593 PREDICTION - God's don't speak.
- Naruto 593 spoilers [Predictions & Discussions]
- Final Fantasy VII new PC version announced
- 8 things Highschool of the Dead Cosplay has in com...
- Funny Wallpapers for desktop
- Naruto Manga Chapter 592- Tobi vs. Naruto Pt. 2
- Naruto 592 Prediction - Madara's Next Moves?
- What the world would look like if Un-Go Cosplay di...
- NARUTO 592 Prediction - The New Student
- If Chouji Akimichi Cosplay had a love child with K...
- Sasuke fans are the best fans in the world!
- wallpapers desktop
- NARUTO 592 Prediction - For the better
- The Bloggers Guide to Marechiyo Omaeda Cosplay
- ▼ July (57)
- ► 2011 (84)