March Ramblings

Photobucket
Purchases have been fairly light this month - just RG 1/144 Freedom Gundam and HGUC 1/144 Zaku I Sniper Kirks Custom. The Freedom Gundam shall be my first Real Grade Gunpla kit as well :o

March started off with a rather loud bang, first off with L'arc~en~Ciel concert, and later with C3 in Hong Kong 2012 hobby event. Things quiet down quite a bit for the rest of the month, and I spent a lot of time gaming away. Gotta say that video games tend to be what keeps non-game bloggers silent online sometimes ^^;

Photobucket
Apart from RG Freedom Gundam and the Zaku I Sniper, I'm still slowly going through some of the ongoing backlogged ones. The 9 GM IIIs that I bought last year are finally back in progress, after waiting for replacement parts (some parts came broken in the box unfortunately) for half a year.

Hopefully they will be available for a review in April!

Photobucket
On the other hand, there is also a reason why there's been little spending recently - much of the money has been used to buy a new phone - the Samsung Galaxy Nexus. Admittedly, being used to the old kinds of phones switching to a smartphone took some time for me to get used to; they are more like PDAs to distract you more than what they suppose to function on the book ^^;

Also tried a few shots of my toys with the phone's camera:


Metal Troops 1/144 Churchill infantry tank. This thing is barely 5cm long so I'm impressed with the macro shot there.


Robot Damashii GM Sniper II with digital zoom. It's a tad blurry, but I suppose that's understandable with digital zoom.


And finally something that I tend to struggle to take picture of - my Black Rock Shooter doll. Even with little lighting prepartion, it seems like that the smartphone can do an easier (and perhaps also a better) job than what my point-and-shoot can do for the past 3 years or so. It's a bit scary how advanced technology can be @_@;


Perhaps just like what some fellow bloggers have said to me - I really should switch to a new camera soon ._.

Blog Archive